Monday, November 14, 2011

How do I pronounce any on the following list?

The English pronunciation of the following:





For the record, the brackets is how I'm pronouncing them right now. If any are wrong, please correct me.





Luzern (Luh-tzeh-rn)


Zurich (Zooh-rick)


Bern (Beh-rn)


Geneve (Djeh-neh-ve) --- I have a feeling this one is wrong.


Basel (Baj-zel)





Donna Karan (Doh-nah Kah-ran)





And that's all I can think of at the moment.


So..If you know the proper pronunciation of any of the above, I'd greatly appreciate it. :)|||You were quite close: Try this phonetically:





Luzern - Lou Zern


Zurich - Zooer-ick


Geneve - Zhen-eva


Basel - Bahh-zel





Donna Karan - Donna Carein





Hope this helps|||zurich, basel %26amp; donna karan (did u mean donna karen the brand?) is right. Geneve - does it have any accentuates along the "e"?|||Lucern: Loosern


Zurich: Zoorik


Bern: Burn


Geneva: Janeeva


Basel; Basil|||Zew-rikh


Jee-nee-vah


Baa-zel


is how I do it.|||Zurich (Zooh-rick)








would be prounced more like (Zer-rick)|||Here's how I would pronounce them:





1. Loo-ZERN


2. ZHUR-rick


3. Burn


4. Jen-EVE


5. BAH-zil (I'm not sure about this, if you're talking about the herb, we pronounce it BAY-zil)


6. DOH-nah KAH-ren|||I think you are fine, and your grasp of phonetics is impressive!|||I am from the Northeaster US...this is how I pronounce these words...





Luzern (Lah-zern)


Zurich (Zer-ick)


Bern (Burn)


Geneve (Jen-eve-ah)


Basel (Bay-zel)





Donna Karan (Dah-nah Kah-ran)

No comments:

Post a Comment