Friday, November 18, 2011

Is this ligit modeling or fake? Help would like professional advice?

So i just recently joined model mayham and i got contacted by someone who said they have a photoshoot for a client and that they are interested in using me for the model and that my pay will be $1,250. I email the main guy that they told me to contact and he tells me i will be modeling jeans and jackets, the photoshoot will be at a studio, and that i should bring someone with me like a bodyguard, mom or dad to make me feel comfortable. They also included expectations out of the model, like very outgoing, in great shape, reliable, etc. I also found out now the client is Donna Karan, and that they are going to mail me the $250 upfront, and the $1000 afterward. They are asking for my name for the check, mailing adress, clothing size, etc. And what that hair and makeup will be taken care of at the studio and i have 12 outfit changes, and there is no nudity. I dont want to be stupid and pass up a great opporuntiy, but im a little weary of how fast this is happening, and giving out my mailing adress. Is this real or fake? It sounds pretty real to me, but i'd like advice from people who are in the bussiness and I'd like to know if this is professional to ask for your mailing adress to pay me upfront. Thanks for your time and help! :)|||I'd be wary too. It's possible that it's legit, but more likely a scam. If you go to meet anyone anywhere, take a parent with you. And if at any point they ask you for money, stop right there, it's a scam. The $250 check they're going to send you has a scammy flavor to it. If they ask you to cash it and send some of it back to them for any reason, it's a scam - the check will eventually bounce, and you'll be out the money that you sent.|||Its OK. This is normal and how modeling business work.





On thing you can do. Ask them to transfer the money into your account and not by cheque. That way you get the money in your account and there is no waiting. Any company actually paying you in the bank is for real.





Good luck with this and well done on landing the job!|||I'm not in the business. But if I were, and I was legit, all of the info requested would make sense to me and be reasonable. My 2 cents|||its a scam

No comments:

Post a Comment