Monday, November 14, 2011

How do I start my own fashion line at 14?

I want to become a successful fashion designer (like Coco Chanel, Donna Karan, or Marc Jacobs)/entrepenuer and make my own money! But where do I start? Okay, I draw my apparel on a sketchpad (CHECK), make my clothes (CHECK), and place them on the mannequin for fitting (CHECK), now what?|||Breaking into the Big Leagues of fashion design may be years away, but you can still test out some of your ideas in a real world setting. I'd suggest looking for a local 'flea market' outlet where you can rent your own space on weekends. An adult may have to do the actual renting, but you can fill it up with your own racks. You will have to produce a LOT of different designs in popular sizes first, which will cost money and time.





If there are local clothing stores with friendly owners, you might be able to get a few feet of display space on a consignment basis. This means the owner will put your stuff out for sale and keep a percentage of the sale price instead of charging you for the space. This will probably hinge on whether or not the shop owner actually likes your designs and believes they would appeal to his or her customers.





You definitely need to get into a recognized school of fashion and learn the business side of the industry. You might get lucky and have an established designer take you under his or her wing, but that sort of thing might happen to a handful of people every year. It's better to learn the trade first and then pitch yourself to the right people when you graduate.|||I assume that by "14" you mean that your 14 years old. I admire the entrepenuer in you. I myself am just 15, and have often desired to start my own business. Heres the things though: theres a reason why you dont see a bunch of kids our age running around with thier own businesses. Starting a busness (especailly a fashion company) requires alot of know-how. Mostly stuff you lear with age, taxes and business related stuff. If you really wanna start a business, I'd either go to school and your your MBA, or go out read things like "the complete diots guid to business". I run a successful business, but because I my age I was unable to start it on my own. I had a good idea, and was able to market that by enlisting the help of and older, more expirirnced business parter. If you really feel you have unique ideas, you may want to look for a partner. Thats all I can say about that.|||Approach some local stores, and tailors(to make more), or a factory.





If it sells, go to bigger companys, You have to work your way up.





Once your stuff is selling, you will need to make commercials to get your name brand out there.





Hope this helps.|||Advertise! This will help





Nationwide Resource


436 newspapers offer FREE


classified and/or display advertisements


in order to increase readership and


ultimately charge commercial advertisers more.


A Win Win situation.





We offer this list.





A goldmine for Entrepreneurs.


15 million readers. Updated regularly.


Drive customers to E-bay or Web site.


Includes U.S. Manufact./ Dropship guide.








For instant automated


delivery send $45.00 via Paypal to: TxPressAffiliate@Yahoo.com





Or $55.00


Texas Press Affiliate


9949 FM 751


Quinlan Texas 75474

No comments:

Post a Comment